Healthcare - TotalCare
Supporting an Integrated Health System — and Community and Jobs Pillar — with Managed Services
A large, regional integrated healthcare system that employs 24,000 people requires a significant investment in information technology. With that many employees, there is a flood of requests, tickets, outages and troubleshooting on any given day.
The health system’s IT team found that they were spending most of their time “keeping the lights on” versus working on more strategic projects that ultimately create value to support nine standalone hospitals that treat nearly 1 million citizens.
They needed help.
The WhitlockIS Solution.
Partnering with WhitlockIS, the health system was provided with TotalCare managed services to ensure its IT team remains a growing operation and proves an essential value to the business.
With TotalCare, the health system has access to a full-time IT operations management consultant who understands their technical environment inside and out. Whitlock’s TotalCare team uses the IT team’s own internal systems to manage day-to-day requests, support tickets, and outage logging/troubleshooting. Whitlock’s TotalCare services deliver daily operational experience while continually providing knowledge transfer and technical education to the health system team.
TotalCare provides the platform for Whitlock and the health system to strategically partner as “one team” to ensure requirements are quickly understood, igniting fast turnaround time on application delivery. As a result, the IT team _ and by extension, the health system — has experienced:
- Greater up-time and peak performance of their OpenText Service Manager software
- Lower software administration and management costs when compared to hiring the necessary full-time employees (which improves hiring, staffing, training, and employee turnover as a result)
- Increased business value realized from the health system’s investment in ITOM software.
- More time to focus on strategic IT projects that create value (in addition to higher-paying jobs)
- Whitlock TotalCare handles 200 requests annually
- Incident resolution time has decreased by 20 to 30 percent due to WhitlockIS Level 3 support